* This "rising prop replica" of REGAN MacNEIL from THE EXORCIST is actually kinda terrifying. Today is director WILLIAM FRIEDKIN's birthday, btw. Via Entertainment Earth.
* H.P. LOVECRAFT's hand-written notes for his novella, AT THE MOUNTAINS OF MADNESS, are scarier than the actual story.
* 7 Scientific Reasons a Zombie Outbreak Would Fail (Quickly): "Zombies are dead meat. No arguing that; it's their one defining characteristic. But everybody focuses on that "dead" part like it's such a huge deal. They often forget about the meat. Do you know what else is dead meat? Steak, hamburger, possibly even that red grease mush inside of Taco Bell food." Via CRACKED
Q: THE WINGED SERPENT is now available on DVD and Blu-ray. Come for the human sacrifices! Stay for the giant lizard monster! Via Amazon.
* Director UWE BOLL wants your money to make a sequel to POSTAL. Please don't give it to him. Via Kickstarter.
* A new trailer for CARRIE, the third adaptation of STEPHEN KING's 1974 novel, leaves little to the imagination. Should I live to see my 80th birthday, I calculate I'll have seen CARRIE remade a total of six times.
* ONLY LOVERS LEFT ALIVE, a romance/psychodrama about two vampires, sounds like it could be an interesting flick. It stars TOM HIDDLESTON, TILDA SWINTON, JOHN HURT and ANTON YELCHIN, who are all awesome. Unfortunately, the movie is directed by JIM JARMUSCH, who I pretty much hate. The guy can cast the hell out of a movie but, as a storyteller, he seems to be trapped in his junior year of film school. ONLY LOVERS LEFT ALIVE doesn't have a release date nailed down here in the U.S. (which screams VOD) or even an official website. Here's a review from The Hollywood Reporter about the film's screening at Cannes, which will have to suffice for now.
|TOM HIDDLESTON and TILDA SWINTON in ONLY LOVERS LEFT ALIVE.|